Future People Recruitment are looking to recruit an IT Network and Support Engineer for a great opportunity with a Tipperary based company.
IT Network and Support Engineer
• Primary responsibility of keeping the IT infrastructure of the Enterprise aligned with the business goals and agile processes for the organisation.
• Evaluation of critical infrastructure, Service improvement for existing IT Assets, Accessing Infrastructure interdependencies and risk analysis for complex adaptive systems, propose alternative technologies for hosting environments to management.
• Design, Implement and support of large scale, highly fault tolerant, 24×7 Data connectivity for and among a. SAP, b.PIMS c.BOS & d. QMAS
• Management of IT infrastructure and Operational Support for servers, blade chassis, storage arrays & clusters, FC switches. Implementation, Operational Sustenance & admin of virtualization layer (VMWare).
• Meeting the company’s Communications’ infrastructure needs and propose infrastructure solutions to stakeholders. Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support the company’s products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
• Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of the company’s Communications’ core data networks. Effectively manage OPEX and CAPEX budget.
• Planning, execution & reporting on IT audits and on integrated audits through assessment of business processes, IT risks /controls and Disaster Recovery.
• Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving Technical problems within a very limited time-frame to maintain the maximum availability.
• Recognises problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations, Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits. Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements. Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls, Maintains quality service by following organisation standards.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications. Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
• General IT related ad-hoc duties as and when required by the Department Manager.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor of Science in Computer System Management / Certification in Networking & Optical Communications is must
• 5+ years directly related experience in a telecommunications service provider network & Global Enterprise WAN environment
• Knowledge of Project Management and Experience in 2+ Live WAN Implementation
• Certification or training in VMWARE, CCNA, CCTV Vxm & Cathexis. Experience of dealing with and managing third-party consultants in a project implementation
• Strong Knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Experience in Multiple Level Modelling at a. Business Level b. Company Level & c. Operational Level required
• Application servers including IIS and Apache, Microsoft SQL server 2008 and
• Share Point environment. Ownership of IT infrastructure roadmaps across all infrastructure components – server, storage, OS including virtualisation, security, database, network, and physical environment
• Good understanding of server hardware and ability to troubleshoot HW related issues.
• Understanding of Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DHCP, Group Policy, DNS, firewall, link aggregation, vlan trunking). Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead and as a participant in a team environment. Willingness and ability to provide guidance and mentoring to others.
Interested Applicants should forward their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org