The network engineer will join the existing team who support and maintain an expanding nationwide network comprising of multiple access technologies such as wireless, fibre and copper. We’re looking for individuals who enjoy working with the latest networking technologies to deliver practical communications solutions to business customers throughout the country.
- Troubleshoot escalated support queries and engage with customers and technical support staff where necessary to ensure the timely response and resolution to technical issues
- Support senior network engineers in the maintenance and operation of a live national telecommunications network
- Collaborate with Sales staff and provide technical expertise when required to assist in the acquisition of new business
- Work with the engineering department to actively maintain, document and train on best practice and configuration across all supported systems
Knowledge and experience of most of the following areas is a requirement for the position;
- Good understanding of both LAN & WAN connectivity
- Proficient in understanding and troubleshooting TCP/IP & the OSI model
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as Ethernet, VLANs, PPPoE, Radius/AAA, OSPF and BGP
- Knowledge/Experience of Linux based operating systems
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
Knowledge or experience in any of the following areas, while not a pre-requisite for the role, would nonetheless be very useful;
- Experience with Juniper and/or Cisco equipment
- Experience with IP Telephony in general and SIP in particular
- Knowledge of MPLS, VPLS, L2/L3 VPNs
- Knowledge of latest cyber security techniques, products and technologies
- Licenced Microwave Radio technology
- SDN and NFV technologies
Education and Qualifications
A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience is required.
A degree in a relevant discipline combined with technical certifications is desirable. However applicants that possess the necessary attributes and have acquired the technical knowledge through experience will be equally considered.
Interested Applicants should forward their CV and cover letter to email@example.com