Future People Recruitment are representing a company who maintain one of Ireland’s largest fixed wireless networks. They provide complete network solutions for always on business connectivity, data backup and voice with a focus on security. While specialising in providing business solutions over fibre, they also offer the flexibility to implement complex, bespoke business solutions.
The network engineer will join an existing team who support and maintain an expanding national network comprising of multiple access technologies such as fibre, copper and wireless. We are looking for individuals who enjoy working with the latest networking technologies to deliver practical communications solutions to business customers throughout the country.
- Troubleshoot escalated support queries and engage with customers and technical support staff where necessary to ensure the timely response and resolution to technical issues
- Support senior network engineers in the maintenance and operation of a live national telecommunications network
- Collaborate with Sales staff and provide technical expertise when required to assist in the acquisition of new business
- Work with the engineering department to actively maintain, document and train on best practice and configuration across all supported systems
Knowledge and experience of most of the following areas is a requirement for the position;
- Excellent understanding of both LAN & WAN connectivity
- Proficient in understanding and troubleshooting TCP/IP & the OSI model
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as Ethernet, VLANs, PPPoE, Radius/AAA, OSPF and BGP
- Technically proficient in maintaining and operating network equipment and their associated services and applications
- Knowledgeable in network industry trends and todays IT security challenges
- Working experience with Linux operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following areas, while not a pre-requisite for the role, would nonetheless be very useful;
- Experience with Juniper and/or Cisco equipment
- Experience with IP Telephony in general and SIP in particular
- Knowledge of MPLS, VPLS, L2/L3 VPNs
- Understanding of security principles that span from network to application layers
- Licenced Microwave Radio technology
- SDN and NFV technologies
- Ability to develop clear, concise documentation to record and report for collaboration purposes
Education and Qualifications
A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience is required.
A degree in a relevant discipline combined with technical certifications is desirable. However, applicants that possess the necessary attributes and have acquired the technical knowledge through experience will be equally considered.