Future People Recruitment are looking to recruit a Data Centre Support Technician Engineer for an exciting opportunity with a North Dublin based company.
Data Centre Support Technician Engineer
The Data Centre Support Technician is based on the constant (24x7x365) monitoring of customer and internal equipment which is primarily located onsite.
There is a shift pattern in place.
• To act as a central point of contact for all customers by phone, fax, email or any other medium
• Constant monitoring of Servers and Network equipment and BMS (Building Management System) 24x7x365
• Logging and reporting of all 2nd level technical support calls on the helpdesk
• Analysing and responding to issues/queries
• Respond, Troubleshoot and resolve critical problems
• Administration of W2k/2003/2008/ 2012 servers – hardware and software, creation and maintenance of user accounts
• Administration of Linux/Unix/Solaris servers – hardware and software, creating and maintenance of user accounts – FreeBSD
• Administration of firewall and Network equipment – CISCO, Brocade, Juniper
• An understanding of Networking concepts, topologies, protocols, cabling required
• Setting up of phones for customers and administrators and providing instructions to new personnel
• Hands on installations of Customer equipment inclusive of documentation
• Continuous development of systems
• Perform miscellaneous duties as required
• HyperV and VMware administration
• ITIL Foundation certification an advantage
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will ideally be educated up to Degree Level and hold professional qualifications CCNA, MCSA or equivalent
Interested Applicants should forward their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org